Making Section 8 Work for You
Understanding the program is the key to making the most of your partnership with OHA. This guide is designed to give you an overview of each stage of your Section 8 tenancy and to provide you with the essential information needed to work successfully with the program.
This section covers each of the six components of your Section 8 tenancy:
1. Tenant Selection: Tips for finding, screening, and selecting tenants
2. Inspections & Housing Quality Standards: What to expect and how to prepare for inspections
3. Rent & Deposit: How rents work and what you should know about deposits
4. The Lease & Contract: An overview of the legal documents that establish the assisted tenancy
5. Annual Activities: Rent increases, annual inspections and re-certifications
6. Ending the Tenancy: Your options and responsibilities when terminating the lease
OHA also offers owner briefings and workshops to help you understand the program and to offer strategies for effectively managing your rental business. Together, these tools will help ensure that the Section 8 program is a successful investment for you.