Summary of Responsibilities
Property Owner's Responsibilities
* Screen and select Tenant.
* Execute a lease agreement with the Tenant.
* Abide by the terms of the Housing Assistance Payment Contract with OHA.
* Maintain property in accordance with Housing Quality Standards and make timely repairs.
* Collect tenant portion of rent and enforce lease provisions.
* Comply with federal, state and local regulations, fair housing laws, and landlord-tenant laws.
* Provide eligibility information to OHA.
* Report changes of income and family circumstances to OHA.
* Find an appropriate housing unit.
* Abide by the terms of the lease with the Property Owner.
* Pay the family's share of rent to the Property Owner.
* Cooperate with OHA in annual inspections and eligibility re-certifications.
* Maintain the Unit.
* Comply with Section 8 Family Obligations.
* Certify Tenant/Family eligibility.
* Explain the Section 8 program to participating families and Property Owners.
* Issue Voucher to the eligible household.
* Determine the amount of rent payable by the family.
* Review contract rent for comparability.
* Enter into a Housing Assistance Payment Contract with the Owner.
* Make monthly Housing Assistance Payments to the Property Owner.
* Inspect dwelling for compliance with Housing Quality Standards.
* Administer and enforce the participant families compliance with Section 8 Family Obligations; owner compliance with the Housing Assistance Payment Contract.